The inspirational and very number/chart savvy lady behind Stopping the Wind nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. As the recipient of the award I now have to disclose 10 things (most of) my readers don’t know about me. I actually took this to be quite a fun challenge. I’ve been thinking of what 10 things would be appropriate to share (clears throat) and interesting.
1. I sleep with a mouthguard. My roommate in university told me that I grind my teeth. My husband can attest that many years later I am still grinding my teeth. So badly that it was painful to eat (but didn’t stop me, yo!) and my jaw was in constant pain. Enter the mouthguard. My teeth have never felt better.
2. I was raised by my mother’s aunt, Alicia. She and her husband gave up their golden years to raise me and my sister and I will be forever grateful.
3. I LOVE pizza. I mean I love, love, love pizza. Maybe being from Brooklyn has something to do with it? Anyhow, it’s by far my favorite meal. We make it all.the.time. I did a guest post about pizza over at Bake With Maria’s site. Check it out.
4. I have run/walked 550 miles since I got my Garmin in 2007. Most of those miles came from the peak of my running stage in 2008, when I was training for my first marathon.
5. I went on a date with a man from craigslist.org and lived to tell the story 🙂
6. I have loved Brad Pitt since I was 12. He’s my second man love.
7. I am a one cat lover. Ludo came into my life when I was feeling lonely and sad. When he’s gone I don’t think I will replace him. There will never be another Ludo. He’s the sweetest, dumbest kitty ever. He’s perfect.
8. I hate corn and mushrooms. It’s a texture thing so don’t try to convince me otherwise.
9. I have a phobia of tripping up a flight of stairs and chipping my teeth. My teeth are my best feature: straight, white and all natural. Thanks for the genes, Mom!
10. In 2008, we visited the 4 U.S. continental time zones in one month. We went to San Francisco, Tucson, New York and we lived in Texas.
So there you have it, a few little lesser unknown facts about me.