Long time no write, I know. I haven’t been in a bloggity mood. Maybe the blame can be put on the days upon days of no sun and mucho rain. Who knows. But I’m here now. Thanks to Ashley from A Hop, Skip & Jump Over the Pond for lighting a fire and getting me to write this post.
The idea is simple: bloggers publish 7 links from their blog to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.
Sooo here it goes.
1) My Most Beautiful Post: I am interpreting this as an aesthetically pleasing post opposed to a poignant one. I love taking photos. What better way to share your expat life, especially when words fail to accurately describe your experiences? The pictures that stand out the most for me are the ones I took in Tuscany. The photos were striking even though the weather SUCKED for half of our holiday. Gosh, that has been by far my favourite trip so far. So relaxed, so beautiful, so much amazing food. *Sigh*
2) My Most Popular Post: Who would have thought a post about the tube would have gotten so many hits? Well, anyone who knew the title of my post is similar to that of a porn site! ( I only found this out after receiving so many hits) If you’re curious (naughty, naughty) you can find the site by searching ‘my 1 tube’.
3) My Worst Experience Living Abroad: Don’t get me started on the horrible (lack of) service I have gotten from the NHS. I am not a fan. I have had to see two specialists for two separate issues and had to wait on average for two months for each visit. Two months is a lot of suffering and a lot of waiting. And lets not talk about the several failings at diagnosing the problem initially! Ugh. Vent over. This blog is a happy place
4) My Most Helpful Post: I love to bake! Baking bread is very therapeutic and I really wanted to share the love I have for it so I blogged a few tips I have learned.
5) My Worst Travel Experience: I pretty much lost my shit when I got trapped in the smallest elevator ever…in Paris. Three of us were stuck in there for 45 minutes, after the fire department told us it wasn’t in their job description to assist people stuck in lifts. Yeah. True story.
6) A Post I Feel didn’t get the Attention it Deserved: My post on Croatia didn’t issue as much dialogue as I was expecting. Croatia is going through a tourist boom, not unlike Prague ten or so years ago. I expected more questions about travel, culture and so on. But Emm in London enjoyed my Croatia series!
7) The Post that I am Most Proud of: I took some awesome pics using a SLR on a manual setting during a photo walk in the South Bank. Big deal. I tend to stick to my point-and-shoot because it’s small and light. I always have it with me.
So here is the part that I tag people. Well, I’m a bit lazy so I’ll skip that bit. It was fun going back through memory lane, sifting through. Please feel free to give the exercise a go. Leave me a note if you decide to do it. I’d love to read it.